What is Xero?
Xero is easy to use online accounting software that’s designed specifically for small businesses.
- It's all online, so you can work when and where you want to. Just login with your PC, Mac or mobile.
- Your bank statements are automatically imported and categorized, letting you see your cashflow in real-time.
- Invite your team and work together on financials. You can collaborate over your up-to-date numbers.
- Xero has all you need to run your business – including invoicing, paying bills, sales tax returns, reporting and much more.
Find out more or try Xero Accounting Software for free.
How to connect
Login to Adeptia Connect and go to Connect two of your Applications, select Xero, and Explore connections for Xero to connect in minutes.
For details about the Xero app connector, click here
For details about creating connections between Apps, click here
How does it work?
Adeptia Connect allows you to connect and integrate Xero with any business application. Our platform allows you to:
- Choose from a library of shared connections or create your own connection through a wizard and get started in minutes.
- Sync Xero data such as Bank Transactions, Bank Transfers, Expense Claims, Invoices, Journals, Claims, Payments and other objects to and from your Databases, ERP, CRM, and Marketing platforms.
- Graphically map Xero data to any other data format in minutes.
- Sync Xero data with third-party APIs.
- Sync Contacts with Salesforce or FreshBooks.
- Sync Xero with on-premise applications or databases via Secure Agent.
- There are many other Xero integrations available out-of-the-box in Adeptia Connect.
Xero App Connector Details
Xero is online accounting software for small businesses. Use Xero to manage invoicing, bank reconciliation, bookkeeping & more.
Xero integrations consist of two important components, Triggers and Actions. Triggers are used when Xero is your “Source” application and you want to sync-up data from Xero to your target system.
Actions are used when Xero is your “Target” application and you want to sync-up data from another business system into this application.
Setting up of triggers allows you to sync-up Xero data objects with any application. When any event in Xero occurs such as creation of a new Bank Transaction, updating of an Expense Claim or creating a new Invoice then the Trigger would automatically kick-off the related connection to sync-up this data with your target application.
User simply selects the Trigger from a drop-down list as shown in the image below.
Some of the triggers are described here:
- New Bank Transaction
- Triggers when a bank transaction is added or updated
- New Bank Transfer
- Triggers when a Bank Transfer is added or updated
- New Expense Claim
- Triggers when an expense claim is added or updated
- New Journal
- Triggers when a Journal is added or updated. Journals are a tool typically used by accountants or bookkeepers to work directly with the General Ledger to create both debit and credit entries for specific types of transactions that cannot be entered normally in Xero. For example, recording of accrued expenses or completed work not invoiced.
An Action specifies how the data will be transferred at the destination location. While configuring Xero as a target, you can select an Action from the list. Below is a snapshot of the drop-down menu that lists all the Actions.
Some of the Actions are listed here:
- Create or Update Invoice
- Create or Update Account
- Create or Update Bank Transaction
- Create or Update Contact
- Create or Update Credit Note
- Create or Update Expense Claim
- Create or Update Journal
- Create or Update Receipt
- Create or Update Item
For more information on Xero Connectors click here
No more custom coding. Way more integration.
Here are some of the popular Xero connections in use...
Explore this and many more connectors!